Wednesday 30 October 2013

putting my video together

So when i initially started to piece my video together i was a little worried about what the outcome would be, i was still a bit unsure of Premiere as i still didn't know how to use it properly.

I started off importing all of the images that I had chosen to go into the video, as well as a couple of video files - at this point i wanted my video to be mainly image based rather than have actual video within it.


The image files that i imported and put into the file are shown above, you can see that there is only one video file within there, the more i went over and over the video all together the more i started o dislike the idea of using images, they didn't seem to be working correctly in getting my point across, they looked a little odd and didn't seem to flow properly.

I then started to mess around  bit more with video files after I went out and recorded some footage and took a few more images to get a bigger variety of things to work with.


You can see in the screen shot about that the video switched around quite quickly, I have added in more video files over images, I still have quite a few images files which are like sequence shots - kind of like motion video.

As i was watching the video over to see what was and wasn't working i again started to feel like the images were taking away from the impact of the video, it didn't seem to be working as well as it could do and i felt that the video files were working a lot better in getting the point across and they were a lot more effective that the images.


I the took out some of the images files to see if it would work any better taking it down the the minimum but it still wasn't looking right and something seemed to be missing. Having played he video over a few times i was definitely liking the video files more that images, they had a much better flow and meaning to them as you could get a better feel for the environment which is one of the most important things that need to be shown in this video.

I started to remove all of the image files so that it was literally made up from video files, one flowing into the next showing different areas and things.


Now i had a good flow for my video i started to mess around a bit more with different settings and trying to find a way to make the video flow better. The different video files were cutting in and out very bluntly so I faded them in and out by adjusting the opacity at the start and end of each of the clips.


I changed the opacity at the start of each clip to 0% and then brought it up to 100% and then did the same thing at the end of the clip only the other way around so it would then fade in and fade out. This made all of the files flow a lot better together as there wasn't such a sharp and abrupt switch from clip to clip, it looked a bit more natural and worked a lot better.

I then started to think about recording the different sounds that i wanted to have flowing alongside the video.  I like the thought of having two different things going on at once, because my video is to do with the environment i wanted something to do with nature and the natural things that go on so I got the sound of birds chirping and singing and that is something that is peaceful and relaxing but is also very natural. As well as the sounds of birds singing i wanted someone talking over that explaining a little about the environment and informing the audience a little about the point i am trying to make within the video.



There are still some final tweaks that i need to make to my video so it will be finished but at this point i am hapy with the outcome as at the beginning i was very wary of what i was going to be able to produce but i feel like i have managed to produce a video with a good concept and meaning.

No comments:

Post a Comment